in

UPDATE: Permanent Secretary Speaks On The Fire Outbreak At Benue Government House

Yesterday, QUEENDOOSH broke the news on the tension at the Benue State Government House, in Makurdi, where it was alleged that the office of the accontant General was gutted by fire.

Well,the parmanent Secretay at the Government House has reacted stating that actually the news was true.. but it was just the complex that was gutted by fire and not the Accontant General’s office.

According to witnesses,no life was lost. Although, the incident, paralysed government activities within the complex and forced staff of the complex to abandon their duties for the a while.

READ MORE:   Governor Yahaya Bello Donates Over 10 Million Naira To Benue, Taraba Corps Members

Sources within the government House told our correspondent that the fire started at around 1:00p.m from the transformer close to the generator room located around the account section within the government house complex.

A staff of government house administration who pleaded anonymity disclosed that the fire started with a thick fume emanating from the transformer which also affected the generator room closed to the accounts section.

He however noted that but for the generator set supplying light to the entire government house which got burnt, the level of damage was not too much as according to him, the combined efforts of workers and the State Fire Service stationed in the complex saved the situation.

READ MORE:   PHOTOS: Unknown Gunmen Kills Popular Man In Katsina-Ala , Benue State

“The electric armoured wires supplying light to the account section, the main governor’s office and down to governor’s lodge, were completely burnt down.” he stated.

Permanent Secretary Government Administration, Mr. Iangba Gabriel, who confirmed the incident said that the inferno did not extend to the main account, saying it was the generator plant which tried to malfunction but was immediately shutdown to avoid any damage.

READ MORE:   Again, JKN Waku comes for Senator Akume over plots to impeach Ortom

“It was not a serious incident and no damage was done. Those things you saw around the area were debris around the generator room that caught fire.

“People are calling me from Abuja including our people who went to EFCC office, that they heard government house complex particularly the account section was set on fire. Infact, it was not true. The burnt wires and poles were properties of old Nitel not NEPA”, Iangba stated.

What do you think?

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Total votes: 0

Upvotes: 0

Upvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Downvotes: 0

Downvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Written by Queen Doosh

I am Queen Winifred Dooshima. A graduate of Library and Information Science, in both first and second degree. I am spontaneous and straightforward. A business woman par-excellence. Owner of queendoosh.com/queendoosh.co blog which is primarily focused with creating and disseminating credible information in this era of Information explosion.
Our news covers both Local and International news.
My goal is to succeed!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

Comments

comments

VIDEO: Alleged Mistress Who Broke Up Cardi B’s Marriage With Offset Apologizes

Faces Of Yahoo boys Arrested in Abuja