On Monday, the District Head of Bebeji Local Government Area of the Kano State,Haruna Sanusi, has resigned his appointment.
Haruna resignation was as a result of his loyalty to the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi and in protest against the installation of heads of new emirates by Governor Abdullahi Ganduje.
According to Daily Nigerian , the traditional leader cited “health ground and recent changes in the emirate system” as reason for his resignation.
The state now has five emirates and all the new Emirs appointed would have equal powers and are to be on same first class status as Muhammadu Sanusi.
The new emirates are Kano, Rano, Gaya, Karaye and Bichi.
The new heads include Aminu Ado Bayero, son of late emir of Kano, Ado Bayero, who is the pioneer emir of the newly established Bichi Emirate.
The Emir of Gaya is Alhaji Ibrahim Abdulkadir Gaya; the Emir of Rano is Alhaji Tafida Abubakar Ila while the Emir of Karaye is Dr. Alhaji Ibrahim Abukakar ll.
As it stands, Kano emirate headed by Sanusi has 10 local governments which are;
1. Kano Municipal, Tarauni, Dala, Nassarawa, Fagge, Gwale, Kumbotso, Ungogo, Dawakin Kudu and Minjibir.
2. Rano emirate will control Rano, Bunkure, Kibiya, Takai, Sumaila, Kura, Doguwa, Tudun Wada, Kiru, Bebeji.
3. Gaya emirate has Gaya, Ajingi, Albasu, Wudil, Garko, Warawa, Gezawa, Gabasawa LGAs.
4. Karaye, Rogo, Gwarzo, Kabo Rimin Gado, Madobi, Garun Malam LGAs will be under the Karaye emirate.
5. Bichi emirate will control Bichi, Bagwai, Shanono, Tsanyawa, Kunchi, Makoda, Danbatta, Dawakin Tofa, Tofa local governments.